Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My first official follower!


I'm still trying to get a hang of this entire new world of blogging. I'll take my time, there's no rush.
I recently put up a question on my facebook page asking friends on what their opinion was on me starting a blog. Here is what some of them had to say :



Dlia Zarsadias
Dlia Zarsadias
Its fun! Its expressive..
Cheah Chun Kit
Cheah Chun Kit
yes !! go for it !!
Jonathan Joseph
Jonathan Joseph
As long as they're not self indulgent, I'm all for them!



I must thank them for their opinion. I've also received comments from MM (my chocolate demon) who says "I will read forever"! which made my day and my night ;-)) *beijos*. But I'm excited! I have my first official follower! Sergio. My George Clooney...My King.... my "flatulant" friend.

Sergio or Doc as I sometimes call him, is a great friend. We met through to what some will call unconventional means but to most, it's the way of the future... we met online. Since January, we've exchange notes on our native language. He teaches me Portuguese while I help him with his English. To think that we've only known each other only for the past 9 and half months, but it seems like we've been friends forever! It's amazing what technology can do! Webcams, mics and with skype and google talk and msn... friendships can be formed no matter how far each other maybe. To think that Doc was the first person I turned too when I was stuck in a bit of a rut a couple of months back.. In tears I talked to him and he with a 13 hour time difference, stood by me and helped me get through it...

Our daily routine consists of talking to each other online for at least a couple of hours per week, he teaching me new words in Portugeuse and I nudging him along with his, rather good english speaking skills. We've both come along way, in both our language and friendship. I sense when he's having a bad day and he knows when I'm having a bad day. His dedication to his work, his intelligence and his passion and determination in improving his english amazes me and I salute that in him.

It is also from him that I leart how the people of Brazil are warm and loving people... Having met his friends, talked to them, his mum, his wife.... I must say, they are what you read. In my course of doing my research on Brazil... I came across interesting articles on the life of Brazillians and their behaviour. "Friendly, outgoing, warm, outgoing, love to dance and love for life...." are just some of the words that describe them and it's something that I don't deny.

So in this article! I dedicate to my friend... Sergio...









No comments:

Post a Comment