Monday, October 12, 2009

Starting Out...What is a Blog?


Today is day one of my blog. Why am I starting this, I don't know. I won't lie to say that I've never thought about it, in fact I remember my first attempt being back in 1997, when I was a student at University. Then there was a few other attempts.. or should I say failed attempts. Many reasons. Sheer laziness! and along with the other excuses of " No Time, No Inspiration.. bla bla bla"....


I've read a few blogs and snickered at some of them while a lot of others I found to be entertaining, thought provoking and some just comical. There are many reasons why one writes a blog and there is no right or wrong answer. It's a great way to send news and keep loved ones updated on what you're up too (sure beats writing everyone emails of updates and happenings, but these days with Facebook, Twitter and stuff, who needs to write emails?). But I also think that it's great therapy. I DO! Sometimes writing your thoughts down, keeps you in a sane frame of mind, nobody is asking you to bare your soul to the world wide web but just enough to feel good, if not for yourself but for others.


Anyways, moving forward. Why I decided to start? Well, a good buddy of mine from Brazil (who I might add I've never met but we've talked and chatted so often, it feels like we know each other well enough to be classified as friends) told me just now that I should and well... HERE I AM! What the contents will be, I don't know, I guess I'll talk a lot of my travels, my observations, my thoughts and maybe too my dreams...


To Everthon:


Obrigada, meu amigo :D








I shall end this post with a quote..... Confucius says " To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."


No comments:

Post a Comment